BDR provides high level operational monitoring and protection of motive traction batteries in service. Advanced reporting allows true management of energy assets to improve operations, costs and reduction of damage.
Speedshield’s Battery Data Recorder utilises novel hard wired communication technology that allows information to be transferred over the existing primary battery connections to wide area networking telemetry equipment installed in the vehicle. This novel solution clearly identifies the battery during communication and prevents potential mismatches of RF link approaches.
The Speedshield BDR also incorporates novel measurement of individual cell potentials within the battery, allowing for full battery health in terms of cell balance to be continually monitored and a richer level of detail of overall battery health to be captured. This is fundamentally different from existing industry solutions which typically only measure a single mid battery cell potential, thereby limiting the early detection of cell problems.
- Part of Speedshield Technologies industry leading fleet management system.
- Allows equipment power delivery to be measured, managed and optimised.
- Works in conjunction with telemetry products to measure key parameters surrounding delivery of energy into and out of electric heavy batteries.
- Real time health and condition monitoring.
Overtemp, electrolyte level, state of charge, AMP hour throughout, current clamp meter
- Advanced LCD display + multi-coloured LED indicator.
A New Approach
- Hard Wire Communications technology allows information transfer over existing battery connections.
- Battery is clearly defined during communication and prevents potential mismatches of RF link approach.
- Incorporates measurement of individual cell potentials within a battery allowing for full battery health in terms of cell balance to be monitored.