Real Time Location System (Indoor)
The Speedshield RTLS project applies advanced Ultra Wideband (UWB) radio technology in conjunction with MEMS accelerometer sensor fusion to accurately and continuously determine the position of the mobile node in relation to fixed infrastructure and site floorplan references.
The technology is small and portable enough to be held on-person, or alternately fitted to mobile equipment such as forklifts, AGVs and other mobile plant.
A hybrid approach allows fallback to WiFi access point positioning technologies where necessary.
Novel 3D visualisation technologies are used to present the location data allowing for an unprecedented view of current operations, exception events and historical movements by operators.
- Accurate positioning of mobile equipment
- Positioning data continuously acquired for use.
- Works indoors and in industrial environments where traditional GPS solutions may not.
- LI Ion battery OR DC Powered.
- ‘Man Down’ detection.
- Smart power management for maximum useful run-time.
- Low power mode + notification.
- Utilises Ultra Wideband radio technology in conjunction with MEMS accelerometer sensor fusion to accurately and continuously determine the position.
- Small and portable enough to be held in person or fitted to mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, AGV’s and other
mobile plant equipment).
- WIFI access point fall-back when necessary.
- IEEE802.15.4-2011 UWB standards compliant solution.
- Wireless Transceiver based on Ultra Wideband techniques.
- Allows the location of objects in Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) to a precision of 10cm indoors.
- Allows high data rate communications, up to 6.8Mb/s, in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
- Excellent communications rang
- Support high tag densities.
- Highly immune to multipath fading.
- Low power consumption allows operation from batteries for long periods depending on mode.